EmTech Asia 2019 Expands by 200 Percent Since Its Inceptionby Company Announcement December 27, 2018
The world’s most influential leaders and innovators will converge in Singapore from 22 to 23 January 2019 at the Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre for EmTech Asia 2019. This is the sixth edition of the annual conference focusing on emerging technologies and their impact.
Co-organised by MIT Technology Review and Koelnmesse Pte Ltd, the event attracts over 800 participants and leaders in their respective fields and showcases a curated group of 40 deep tech companies from around the world.
“Participants of EmTech Asia 2019 will get to meet and hear from 40 exemplary speakers who are driving the next generation of technological breakthroughs and changing the world. With 26 talks covering 16 topics ranging from biomedicine to artificial intelligence, robotics, augmented reality, and blockchain, EmTech Asia 2019 covers the ground on innovative solutions that address major global issues,”
said Dr Howard Califano, Director of the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) Innovation Centre and Chairman of the EmTech Asia Steering Committee.
Conference highlights include:
- Andrew Hessel, CEO, Humane Genomics
- Aubrey de Grey, Chief Science Officer, SENS Foundation
- Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor of Biochemistry and Physiology, National University of Singapore
- Hao Li, Director of the Vision and Graphics Lab, University of Southern California Institute for Creative Technologies
- Henk Rogers, Founder and Chairman, Blue Planet Foundation; Managing Director, The Tetris Company
- Hyunjun Park, Cofounder and CEO, Catalog
- John McGeehan, Director, Institute of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth
- Juan L. Aparicio Ojea, Head of Research Group – Advanced Manufacturing Automation, Siemens
- Kimberly Powell, Vice President of Healthcare, NVIDIA
- Marius Swoboda, Head of Physical, Computational and Design Sciences, Rolls Royce
- Patrick Murck, Fellow at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, Harvard University; Cofounder, Bitcoin Foundation
- Poppy Crum, Chief Scientist, Dolby Laboratories
- Raquel Urtasun, Chief Scientist, Uber Advanced Technologies Group
- Salah Sukkarieh, Professor of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, University of Sydney
- Tariq Khokar, Managing Director and Senior Data Scientist, The Rockefeller Foundation
- And many more. Visit https://emtechasia.com/conference/speakers for the full list of speakers.
EmTech Asia 2019 also features MIT Technology Review’s “Innovators Under 35 Asia Pacific,” which recognises the region’s most outstanding innovators under the age of 35. The 10 selected honourees come from Australia, Hong Kong SAR, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam and will each give a short presentation about their innovations.
Key sponsors and partners of EmTech Asia 2019 include: Facebook (Diamond Sponsor); SGInnovate (Deep-Tech Partner); Hong Kong Baptist University and Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (Innovation Partners); NeuroMem (Platinum Sponsor); Keppel Technology & Innovation and NCS (Gold Sponsors); and Zoho (Silver Sponsor).
Register NOW and enter the FinTech News discount code ETA19FinTechNews at check-out to enjoy 10% discount.
Featured image credit: Unsplash