An exciting opportunity has just opened to join as a Compliance Analyst. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance Asia Pacific "APAC", the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting compliance activities in the region. You will contribute to Remitly's mission by ensuring that Remitly's APAC business maintains full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. You will assist to manage legal and regulatory risks, by adapting Remitly's services and controls to new business opportunities and changing regulatory requirements. You will be based in Remitly's Singapore office.
- Assist to oversee aspects of ML/TF and regulatory compliance areas to enhance overall compliance proficiency
- Maintenance and updating our policies in relation to ML/TF and regulatory compliance, including the application of those policies
- Collaboratively work on compliance programme components, standards, resources, training, monitoring, assurance, reporting and team building efforts to align the compliance programme with emerging internal and external expectations and requirements
- Support the building of the AML/CFT risk management programme and the undertaking of regular AML/CFT risk assessments in the region
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability, suggesting action plans for resolution and providing guidance to mitigate risk
- Review and interrogating technical solutions to support our initiatives
- Monitor changes in applicable laws and regulations in APAC and provide guidance to the business
- Undertake any ad hoc tasks.
- 3+ years of working experience within the compliance & AML Sector, ideally within the financial services / fintech industry
- Some knowledge of ML/TF and regulatory obligations in the APAC region
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
- Ability to partner effectively and able to communicate with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
- Compliance certifications (e.g., CRCM, CAMS) are an added bonus.
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are reimagining international payments at scale and building new products to create deeper relationships with our customers and their loved ones across the globe. Join over 2,700 employees across 10 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.