Want to be part of the fastest growing startup that is at the intersection of Retail, Fintech and Data?
Qashier is looking for a Regional Compensation & Benefit Manager to support our growth!
We are a dynamic and fast growing team that is excited about commerce, retail and payments, and the opportunity to transform these industries with data and technology.
The Country People Manager (CPM) is responsible for the full fletch of the People functions for the Thailand office, managing the full employee life cycle from Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, Talent Management, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefit, Business Partnering, and office administration and management to support our rapid and high growth in the Thailand market. The successful candidate will champion strengthening business partnerships, driving strategic talent management, advocating Qashier's culture to align with our headquarters, facilitating change management as change agent, utilising data-driven decision-making, promoting employee experience and well-being, integrating technology, ensuring ethical and legal compliance, and leading strategic HR planning.
- Manage the entire employee lifecycle - Attract, Engage, Retain & Develop. You’ll partner with and support the functional heads to manage a full spectrum of HR functions which includes Talent Acquisition, performance appraisal, and management, employee engagement, as well as talent management and development
- Strengthen business partnerships by understanding organisational goals and strategies, as well as developing HR strategies aligned with business objectives
- Collaborate with departments to support their HR requirements, providing HR consultations and advice
- Ensure ethical and legal compliance within the organisation. Ensure compliance with labour laws and regulations, including payroll and statutory contribution, provident fund knowledge
- Lead the Talent Acquisition function with strategic talent management initiatives, including attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. You will be a center of excellence for resourcing, hiring and headcount management initiatives to ensure Qashier has the right people at the right time
- Be the Champion and advocate of the People Team (HQ) in driving change management efforts, promoting our culture, including adaptability and measurement of engagement to the local teams
- Foster positive employee experience and prioritise employee well-being. Drive initiatives related to diversity and inclusion and learning and development as required
- Adapt, integrate and train tools implemented from headquarters to streamline HR processes and improve efficiency
- Stay updated on HR technology trends and identify opportunities for integrating technology into HR processes
- Collect and analyse HR data, generate reports, and provide data-driven recommendations for improving HR strategies
- Manage employee grievances, disputes locally while consulting with headquarters
- Lead and develop a top performing HR/TA team locally
- Ability to work across regions and People Services (Shared Service Hub)
Office Administration and Management:
- Contribute as a senior leader, positively manage change and work in synchronization with business direction
- Drive a strong and open workplace environment with well designed initiatives and campaigns that foster employee engagement, unity, transparency and trust
- Oversee and manage office seating and inventories (hardware, stationary, pantry supplies)
- Oversee and manage office moves (if any)
- Bachelor's degree and qualification in the field Human Resources (such as professional certification in HRM)
- Significant experience working as a HR leader at a mid senior to senior manager level: confident in and proven to advise, coach and partner with Executive Leaders and Management
- People manager experience. Has lead a team and is well versed with best practices in team leadership
- Experienced with labor law from Thailand, experience with labor law from other countries is a big plus
- Native Thai language speaker, fluent in business English (both speaking and written) is a must
- Experience across the different pillars of HR, including work visa/immigration law and operation would be advange
- Huge advance with international working experience, regional exposure and remote or offshore reporting experience
- Experience from corporate IPO/listed company is highly desired
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong planning skills, be process-oriented, and have strong attention to detail
- To succeed in this role, you must have experience handling performance management, change management and strategic planning and execution for people organisation
- Posses high integrity, transparency and equal opportunities in the workplace
- Be at the forefront of a fast-growing startup in an exciting sector. Qashier’s innovative platform combines the latest developments in Cloud technology, Payments and Data to transform the Retail and F&B industries. You’ll play a crucial role in driving the decision making and growth of a revolutionary product that will become a key platform behind successful retail businesses in the region
- Amazing growth and learning opportunities. We are a tight knit team where everyone grows together. We’ll continuously work with you to refine your strengths and strengthen your weaknesses to further your personal and career development
- Make a strong impact with your work. You’ll be working across teams and across markets to help them achieve business objectives. You will have a large canvas to understand the problems, come up with solutions to help our teams perform better and create an impact across the board
Qashier (qashier.com) is a venture-backed startup that provides smart point-of-sale (POS) solutions that help merchants digitise their businesses. We are transforming the way retail operations and payments is done. Our flagship product is the Qashier Smart Terminal, a connected, multi-purpose device that combines a cloud-based POS software, integrated payment acceptance and a proprietary app store in one uniquely designed device. Manage entire stores with just one sleek terminal on the counter!