As an experienced Sales Executive, you will be responsible for working with Railsbank’s prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will demonstrate the value of Railsbank and the impact the product will have on the prospect’s business. You will demonstrate the value of Railsbank and the impact Railsbank capabilities will have on leads and prospects’ businesses and the ability to drive results. You will have the opportunity to help influence the go to market strategy and further expansion of Railsbank in multiple countries working alongside Railsbank colleagues.
Key Measurements and Objectives include;
- Meeting ARR targets by closing deals
- Maintain the required value of deals pipeline to be able to meet ARR targets
- Bring in Net New Customer Revenue and establishing Railsbank brands in APAC
- Maintain the Average Sales Cycle as per company standards
- Work with startups, brands and established financial services providers to demonstrate Railsbank’s unique value
- This is first and foremost a closer role. You’ll be receiving qualified prospects and you will be responsible for the overall business development, client engagement, and sales lifecycle of Railsbank prospects across APAC
- Deeply understand the prospect's business, regulatory construct, flow of funds and challenges to ensure that Railsbank is the correct solution for the prospect
- Manage time effectively by qualifying and re-qualifying prospects throughout the sales cycle
- Build trust with the prospect by demonstrating that you understand the prospects’ business objectives and that our success can only result from their success
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the CRM system
- Use phone and email to correspond with prospects
- Provide feedback across Railsbank related to information prospects share that could be helpful in advertising, marketing and product roadmap
- 5-10+ years of experience selling SaaS, fintech/tech, financial services or B2B solutions
- Superb listening skills. You must understand objections and defeat them by turning sceptics into excited new customers
- High level of empathy. It’s important for our Business Development Managers to be a good person to peers and prospects
- Demonstrable history of carrying and exceeding quota
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to conduct compelling on-site presentations up to senior executives.
- Tenacity and discipline to follow up with passion and respect
- A self-starter that thrives when given a clean sheet of paper and a target to hit
- A genuine interest in startups, fintech and/or financial services
- Excellent Communicator at all levels, internally and with customers
- A ‘get things done’ mentality
- Analytical, able to visualise key metrics for informed decision making
- Market aware: Knowledge of today’s major financial services, open banking and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends
Role location and hours
Unless agreed otherwise the role will be a full time role and you will be based in our Singapore offices, with flexible working, we would expect you to be available 2-3 days a week as a minimum in the office
What we look for in our team members and our values
Being an integral part of the Railsbank team and sharing our values is important to us. The environment at Railsbank is fast-paced, exciting, and dynamic. It suits people that love to collaborate and support one-another.
We are all driven by the same values and are looking to welcome new people to the team that share these values.
Our values are: excellence, accountability, diversity, work/life balance, trust, fun, inclusivity, friendship, noble causes, and respect.
If you are eager to join a thriving, fast-paced, Scale-up company and contribute to shaping its future, this is the role for you to make a difference.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Railsbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Railsbank is the world’s leading global open banking platform that gives customers access to prototype, build, and scale financial products on 4 continents with one contract and one set of APIs. The company was founded by serial FinTech entrepreneurs who previously founded successful and award winning companies like Currency Cloud (recently sold to Visa for $1B) and Evolution.
Railsbank is in growth mode with hundreds of clients globally, over 5.5 million end user accounts, VC funding from top firms like Clocktower Ventures and Visa and the most globally-enabled, digitally-native product in the FinTech platform space. We recently announced our US launch with our new Credit Card as a Service offering, aimed at allowing any company to build futuristic credit cards and lending products that live inside their user experiences.
Since starting in 2016 in London, Railsbank is now the only platform capable of issuing multiple financial products on 4 continents including USA, Europe, SE Asia, and Australia. Fresh off the back of a new $70M VC raise, we are looking for exceptional people who share the same core values to join team Railsbank in APAC.