The AP Corporate & Regional Risk Services team is responsible for:
- driving general Risk Strategy for AP to protect Visa and promote trust in the ecosystem.
- supporting the effectiveness of AP Risk covering Corporate Risk, regulation, innovation, analytics
- managing risk for the Global Issuing and Acquiring clients
- managing events with our senior most clients and stakeholders across the region and
- liaising with Global Risk and AP regional cross functional teams
What a Manager, Risk Analytics Operations & Events does at Visa:
The AP Risk Analytics Operations & Events Manager is a highly visible role within the AP Risk team. The role will assist the VP Corporate and Regional Risk Services (C&RRS) in driving results for the AP Risk organization through provision and refinement of relevant and usable analytics, operational excellence, performance optimization aligned to regional and functional priorities and the assistance of coordinating regional events, which may be external events such as the Regional Executive Risk Council and internal events, all hands, and offsites etc. This position requires excellent analytic and organizational skills a leader that will help drive the overall productivity and effectiveness of the function. They will work with our partners in hub and global analytics as well as Global Risk teams, Regional Risk Managers, the Risk Leadership team in AP and support the Regional Risk Officer and VP C&RRS on key strategic initiatives.
- Develop processes, methods to increase the efficiency of existing management information (MI) reporting and dashboards, including the communication and training of employees on new dashboards and reports.
- Partnering with the global and hub analytics partners, to create management reporting and presentations to communicate progress and impact of key risk KPI’s to stakeholders, including to senior executive leadership.
- Partner across the organization to create a feedback loop on regional MI needs and develop plan to address them.
- Support key operating rhythms including Executive QBRs and Annual Planning, and the Risk Operating Model tracking.
- Work with the VP C&RRS to coordinate scorecard outcomes and reporting for the function.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure common alignment and realization of Risk related goals.
- Support the development and maintenance of foundational documents for the AP Risk function, such as New Joiners deck, Risk training materials, etc.
- Support the development of a proactive communications plan for AP Risk.
- Assist deliver coordination and delivery of internal and external AP Risk events such as in-market Regional Executive Council, Security Summit, client forums, AP Risk town halls and other AP Risk staff events.
Why this is important to Visa:
Visa owns the most recognizable global brand in the financial services industry. With new and diverse players entering the payments ecosystem, constant innovation and increased government intervention, the industry is becoming highly complex with the risks landscape evolving quickly.
The Manager Risk Analytics Operations and Events will assist in protecting the Ecosystem and driving differentiation for Visa by delivering best-in-class strategic initiatives, meetings, and events as well as analytics on key products and services.
As a Manager in the AP Region, the role is responsible for leading and managing key analytics and operation requirements and managing and coordinating client and staff events during the year.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients and Visa.
- Work with Regional Risk Officer, VP Corporate and Regional Risk and team on key analytics and assist in driving operational excellence within the team. Helping manage the Operating Plan, (a method for tracking client engagements across the AP region) would be an example.
- Assisting to coordinate the Regional Executive Council, a meeting of the Chief Risk Officers and key stakeholders across Asia pacific at a yearly conference would be an example of the calibre of Risk events this role would play a key role in organizing. Saff events, all-hands and yearly meetings would also refer.
- Standardizing risk management dashboards to risk managers in conjunction with global analytics resources, would be a further example of everyday analytics work which would require coordination across the region and with global colleagues.
- Operational excellence initiative to drive more efficient and effective processes across the Risk function would also be part of the roles remit.
What you will need:
We are looking for an experienced individual with a curiosity about payments and Fintech, who is results-driven, and client focused. As a candidate you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or equivalent qualification.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience preferably with 1-2 years business experience in Payments, Banking or Consulting organisations.
- Proven track record of developing and communicating execution plans, building relationships across teams and key stakeholders to achieve business goals.
- Ability to translate analytics and research needs into actionable plans and deliverables.
- Experience working effectively with global teams and local teams, and managing multiple stakeholders to execute and implement initiatives.
- Have strong analytical skills and ability to execute on plans.
- Ability to independently structure, lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams and stakeholders.
- Must have a can do attitude and will do what it takes in order to move a program forward.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting materials and POV.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, and deliver under tight deadlines/time frames.
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and synthesize data.
What will also help:
- 5 years of experience working in an operations or analytical role or risk role within a related industry
- Professional accreditation in risk management a plus but not essential
- Proficiency in Financial Systems (Ariba, Aravo, Oracle, Coupa, IBM) a plus
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.