‘Fintech’ has made successful progress towards building a mortgage advisory business in Singapore: ‘PropertyGuru Finance’. The business launched in March 2020 and has recently closed more than $2Billion worth of mortgages. There are about 45FTE in the team with an objective to become Southeast Asia’s trusted financial services managed marketplace.
The Managing Director of Fintech’s prime tasks will be to:
- Define the Fintech BU vision and deliver the strategy
- Define and execute go-to-market models tailored to each market’s unique business environment
- Manage the P&L towards achieving growth and bottom-line objectives, including leadership of high-performance teams
- Drive relevant M&A, if appropriate; Lead Post-Merger Integration to realise synergies
As part of the Group Leadership Team (GLT), reporting to the Group CEO, the MD Fintech contributes to the overall Group strategy and aims to maximise the potential of the Fintech BU while leveraging synergies from across the three business units. The candidate is someone that challenges the status quo and drives speed to learn and resulting in an environment with competing priorities and healthy levels of ambiguity. (S)he has the experience and track record of leading large teams and delivering operational impact, particularly in Southeast Asia's Fintech or Financial services space.
As MD Fintech, you will:
- Define the vision and deliver BU Fintech strategy across Southeast Asia
- Understand consumer, customer and partner insights
- Set vision and strategic roadmap
- Work with GLT and company Board to secure continued investment buy-in
- Provide clarity and visibility internally and externally about ‘Fintech’s’ aspirations and strategy
- Partner with fellow GLTs to define and deliver Group aspiration towards Southeast Asia’s property trust platform
Define and execute go-to-market models
- Apply facts and judgment to identify and describe Fintech’s opportunity spaces per (key) market
- Draw-up business cases and market-entry models that navigate PropertyGuru’s path to market
- Translate expansion plans into operational priorities
Manage the P&L towards high growth and bottom-line objectives
- Build a high-growth culture with an ROI (return on investment) mindset
- Manage all aspects of business delivery, including Strategy, Product, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Identify and negotiate critical partnerships with regulators, financial services companies, Fintechs, etc
Drive relevant M&A and be accountable to Post-Merger Integration (PMI)
- Have an overview of the Southeast Asian / global Fintech landscape
- Be visible as a Fintech thought leader
- Create M&A target list and build personal relations with prospects
- Drive M&A process internally, from target lists to execution
- Partner with PropertyGuru PMI team while being accountable for PMI success
- 15+ years of professional working experience, most recently as P&L owner in Fintech or Financial services space in Southeast Asia
- (Consumer) tech experience across several roles such as Product, Marketing, Operations, etc.
- Ability to provide direction and deliver impact in unstructured, ambiguous business environments
- Knowledge of and network with financial regulators across Southeast Asia
- Track record of leading senior managers across multiple disciplines
- M&A exposure, either as a deal lead or part of the deal team. Comfortable with the M&A process and financial concepts
- Experience with Post-Merger Integration/ change management, with strong views on best practices
Good to have:
- Publicly listed company experience
- Entrepreneurial experience
PropertyGuru Group (NYSE:PGRU) is Asia’s leading online property company and the preferred destination for over 38 million property seekers to find their dream home, every month. The Group empowers property seekers with the widest options of more than 3.3 million homes, in-depth insights and solutions that enable them to make confident property decision across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.
PropertyGuru.com.sg was launched in 2007 and revolutionised the Singapore property market by taking it online and made property search transparent for the property seeker. Over the decade, the Group has grown from a regional property media powerhouse to a high-growth technology company with a robust portfolio of No.1 property portals across its core markets; award-winning mobile apps; best-in-class developer sales enablement platform, 'FastKey'; mortgage marketplace 'PropertyGuru Finance'; and a host of industry-leading property offerings including Awards, events and publications across Asia.