Founded in 2018, Aspire has raised over USD 300M+ across equity and debt from world-class investors. In 2023, we successfully closed an oversubscribed USD 100 million Series C equity round led by Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Ventures with participation of Tencent, Paypal Ventures, LGT Capital Partners, Picus Capital and MassMutual Ventures. To power our solutions, we have partnered with some of the best companies in the world such as Visa and Wise and helped more than 15,000 businesses using our suite of products.
In 2022, we were awarded Best Employer of the Year and Payments Tech of the Year by Asia Fintech Awards, ranked #1 on LinkedIn's 2022 Top Startups list and were listed on YC Top Companies 2022. In 2023, we ranked Top 10 on The Straits Times Fastest-Growing Companies.
You will be amazed by the energy and experience of our team. We are a team of ex-entrepreneurs, ex-founders, and high-achievers with international backgrounds. We team up to reach the highest standards in what we do, and don't take NO for an answer.
We are expanding rapidly. Are you a top talent? Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Join us and make an impact in the fintech space.
About the team:
At Aspire, we are committed to empowering our customers throughout their journey with us. Our Operations Team ensures customers can operate seamlessly on our platform, and guarantee the best customer experience possible.
As a Payment Operations Analyst, you will play a key role in developing and driving the services that Aspire offers to its clients. We seek a highly motivated and proactive individual to join our team and drive our payment product offerings.
As a Payment Operations Analyst, you will learn & understand the ledger structures between Aspire and our Payment partners, the different payment types we facilitate, and focus on daily reconciliation between our Aspire ledgers and Partner ledgers for our client transactions. You will also be responsible for identifying any new patterns and trends in reconciliation logic, to retrospectively and proactively improve our reconciliation accuracy and speed.
On top of this, you will be responsible for supporting our payment capabilities to ensure our clients are able to receive, and send funds in a timely manner.
- Daily Reconciliation - Perform daily reconciliation to ensure our books/ledgers are in order, and dive deep to analyse any discrepancies, possible root causes, and identify gaps which cause discrepancies
- Learn & Apply - Apply all the below learnings in daily operational activities to troubleshoot issues and determine if they are operational or technical in nature, and to ensure the company’s products are functional and delivered seamlessly
- Learn about a fintech’s operating structure and how transfers are sent/ received, along with different transfer methods/rails per country, and the common issues
- Learn about QR code payments and how they integrate with business accounts
- Learn about credit products/facilities, and be involved in the end-to-end process of credit billing, disbursements, collection of repayments, and renewals
- Daily Operations - Operate back-end functions on our tech platform such as manual processing of transactions/requests, activating features, invoicing, applying repayments/late fees, ledger readjustments.
- External Partner Management - Liaise with our business/service partners daily to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- External Client Management - Interact with our customers to solve their issues/concerns, advise solutions in-line with our product capabilities and internal SOP’s
- Internal Cross Functional Collaboration - Collaborate with various internal operational departments/teams to troubleshoot on issues, derive solutions, and create new SOP’s.
- Build Processes and Frameworks - Own or Co-build/design existing or new processes to achieve the operational efficiencies of reduced time (SLAs), reduced errors, and better client experiences.
- Ad-Hoc Projects - Work on ad-hoc projects to improve the operational efficiencies of reduced time (SLAs), reduced errors, and better client experiences.
- Bachelor's degree with outstanding academic records
- Excellent command of English both verbal and written - English is main language used in the company and with clients/partners
- Comfortable with spreadsheets/formulas
- Comfortable with data analysis (e.g. pivot tables)
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Can focus on multiple tasks, and remain attentive to detail
- Able to work in a team with dynamic and constantly changing team structures and responsibilities
- Willing to learn and grow with the company - we’re growing fast!
This would be the nice-to-have things:
- Understand debits and credits
- Able to understand basic technical terms on a “business level” (e.g. the term’s API’s, Query, Webhooks are frequently used between internal teams.)
- Basic understanding of how to make/receive a transfer as a consumer
- Basic understanding of how credit products work (Credit cards or loans) as a consumer
- Ability to code/low code (SQL, Python, VBA) is a plus, but not mandatory.
Join us in our mission to deliver the best possible experience to our customers!
- Work from anywhere and Work from Home subsidy.
- Uncapped flexible annual leave.
- Training subsidy for your professional growth.
- Wellness benefit.
- Team bonding budget to foster collaboration and sense of belonging.
- Culture is Key: Most importantly, we always strive to cultivate a special culture that brings special talents together - You may learn more about our culture at our careers site and LinkedIn Life page .
Equal Opportunity Statement Aspire is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by applicable laws.Please note: by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aspire’s Data Protection Policy for Employees, Freelancers, Contractors and Job Applicants (the “Policy”) , and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Aspire for the purposes set out in the Policy. You may withdraw consent for such collection, use and disclosure, and make an access or correction request in respect of your personal data, in accordance with the Policy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire is the leading all-in-one finance operating system for growing businesses in APAC. We are on a mission to reinvent business finance for a new generation of entrepreneurs and business owners, empowering startups and MSME to realise their full potential.