Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
You have a passion for the craft and a strong desire to grow as professional. You strike the right balance between being technology purist and getting things done. You know that making things right is hard and requires a high level of discipline and dedication.
You have a strong sense of good software design and architecture, and prefer to express your knowledge through the code.
You have an understanding that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into repository, and knowledge of how it is running in production is as important as code itself - you therefore keep your infrastructure knowledge and skills up-to-date. You have a preferred programming language, but in practice it does not make a difference in what you use.
- Design and implement efficient, scalable, and maintainable cross-cut functionalities for the platform
- Design and implement infrastructure necessary to support the implemented functionality. We are deploying to AWS and adapting Kubernetes, using Jenkins quite a lot to automate delivery pipeline
- Set up guidelines and processes for engineers to ensure consistent architecture across various applications
- Help and coach development teams on application and data designs
- Work with legacy code to adapt it to use cross-cut functions. Our technology stack includes but not limited to: PHP5, PHP7, NodeJS (Express), Python, Java
- Experiment with new technologies to improve the platform
- Maintain proper just enough documentation to ensure continuity
- At least 8 years of experience in software development, inclusive of a minimum 3 years in Architect, Lead Engineer, or similar role
- Excellent coding skills – somebody who is excited about beings hands on with code and trying technologies
- Excellent understanding of architectural and software design patterns
- Excellent understanding of modern web development technologies and practices
- Preferred experience in the following technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, PHP(5,7), NodeJS(express JS), Python, ReactJS, RabbitMQ, MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Jenkins, Swagger.
- Good understanding of both relational and non-relational databases and best practices for modelling for these
- Experience with service oriented and/or microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Good communication skills and ability to speak both to technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work in a matrix structure with various stakeholders
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humour
PropertyGuru Group is Asia’s leading online property company and the preferred destination for over 50 million property seekers to find their dream home, every month. The Group empowers property seekers with the widest options of more than 2.8 million homes, in-depth insights and solutions that enable them to make confident property decision across Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.