Top 10 Reasons to Attend Hong Kong Fintech Week 2021by Fintech News Singapore October 5, 2021
In its sixth edition, Hong Kong Fintech Week will completely reinvent your previous event experience by combining a physical conference in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre with digital access from anywhere in the world.
With only a few weeks left before the most anticipated event of the year, Hong Kong Fintech Week 2021 on November 1-5, we summarised the most important reasons on why you should attend it this year.
Please visit www.fintechweek.hk for details and registration!
1. Dive into 100+ hours of content with 180+ sessions
Don’t worry if you are not able to visit the event in person in Hong Kong.
You will have access to five live streaming channels over three days of the main conference (November 3 – 5), packed with world class content on all important industry developments.
Under the theme “Scaling Fintech Future Together”, some of the hottest topics of this year’s Hong Kong Fintech Week are:
- Virtual banks, new generation of online insurers and wealthtech companies
- Evolution of central banks digital currencies and trade finance innovations
- Digital assets and blockchain applications in capital markets
- Artificial intelligence and big data latest applications in finance
- Innovations in payments technology and remittances
- Open banking, APIs and regtech
- Investments in fintech startups and corporate VCs’ funding trends
- China’s techfin giants and unicorns
- Fintech development in Greater Bay Area
If you missed any session, you can rewatch all content on demand at least 30 days after the event.
2. Learn From China’s Legendary Tech Investors
Trying to understand what is the next big thing in fintech? Which company will become the next Alibaba or Tencent in Mainland China?
Don’t miss exclusive Q&A sessions on Hong Kong Fintech Week stage with the world’s top investors behind the most successful technology companies in Mainland China and globally.
There is no Fintech event in the world that brings together such a fantastic lineup:
- Lei Zhang, founder, Chairman, and Chief Investment Officer of Hillhouse Capital Management
- Neil Shen, Steward of Sequoia Capital, Founding & Managing Partner of Sequoia Capital China
- Weijan Shan, Chairman and CEO of PAG Group, China’s private equity champion and one of Asia’s best-known financiers
3. Hear From The Governments & Regulators
Hong Kong Fintech Week has become the leading platform for major announcements from the governments and regulators that are influencing the development of the financial services industry.
What will be the next big announcement related to fintech? Find out by joining the key sessions with:
- Paul Chan, Financial Secretary, The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Christopher Hui, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Eddie Yue, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
4. Meet The Global Finance Leaders
What to expect from the next decade in the finance industry globally and how technology is transforming it?
Hear Wall Street’s perspective from giants SUCH as Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO of Blackrock, the largest investment firm in the world with more than $9 trillion in assets under management.
Or join the session with Jane Fraser, Global CEO of Citi, one of the most powerful finance leaders in the world, who will share how the industry will be further shaped by the technology.
5. Explore The Potential Of The Virtual Assets Industry & Digital Currencies
This year’s Fintech Week has a big focus on one of the hottest industries – digital assets, from blockchain applications in banking, central banks digital currencies to latest developments in crypto and new phenomenon like NFTs.
Whilst there is a lot of noise around the topic, the Fintech Week took time to research and curate the most insightful panels and keynotes from the most influential speakers.
Join the conversation with a legendary investor and blockchain advocate Tim Draper, co-founder of the Ethereum and Consensys Joe Lubin and founder and CEO of R3 David Rutter.
The Fintech Week will also host a series of talks featuring industry leaders such as Circle, Crypto.com, AAX, HKD.com, Hashkey, Digital Assets and more.
6. Grow Your Network via AI Matchmaking App
Hong Kong Fintech Week uses a dedicated matchmaking app which facilitates over 17,000 attendees to network and get meaningful connections easily.
Whether you are participating in the event physically or online, you will be able to book meetings with the most relevant people for your business in a simple and easy way via AI.
Meet investors, partners, buyers, technology providers and potential clients here.
7. Connect With Over 100 Exhibitors
With over 7,700 sq meters of the physical exhibition space and a comprehensive virtual expo, Hong Kong Fintech Week 2021 is one of the largest industry conventions in the world.
You will have an opportunity to meet over 400 exhibitors and to learn the latest innovations in fintech globally.
By attending the Fintech Week, you will have an opportunity to establish successful partnerships with various technology providers at one time, in one place.
You could also connect with major corporate sponsors like the Strategic Partner AMTD Group, the Title Sponsor HSBC and Diamond sponsors AAX, Circle, Citi and Crypto.com and major regulators and partners.
8. Meet The Finalists of the Global Fast Track competition
Catch the top 11 fintech companies, which reach to the final of the Global Fast Track programme among 400 applications from 43 economies across the world.
Top 90 companies competed across nine pitching semi-finals to secure their place in the final. The winners will be announced at the Fintech Week.
9. Explore 100+ Fintech Startups & Scaleups
Meet over 100 hottest fintech startups from over 20 economies, exhibiting in both, physical and virtual formats.
You will also have the opportunity to connect with companies represented by over 20 international delegations, including such destinations as Israel, Canada, New Zealand, ASEAN, MENA, Australia, Japan, Singapore and many more.
10. Dive In Emerging Tech With Access To 50+ Workshops
With no regards where you are, attendees of the Hong Kong Fintech Week will have exclusive access to over 50 workshops, covering different emerging technologies and its practical applications in finance.
You will be able to watch it on demand for at least 30 days following the conference.
This all makes a great value for money and a very rare opportunity to catch up with everything important going on in the industry and to meet likeminded people.
Please visit the website for details and registration.