2023 Singapore Fintech Festival: All You Need to Knowby Fintech News Singapore November 2, 2023
Singapore’s annual fintech festival is returning this year from November 15 to 17, 2023, promising to bring together tens of thousands of participants to explore the evolving fintech landscape and discuss how emerging technologies are set to transform the financial ecosystem.
This year’s Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF) event, themed “Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI)”, will focus on the growth and adoption of AI and explore how this technology can potentially be used in the financial services industry.
The event will convene leaders the government, financial services, investment and technology sectors to examine this theme, as well as how other cutting-edge technologies such as Web3 and digital public goods can help to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon future and re-imagine the financial system architecture to better address the needs of the underserved. There will also be a focus on securing the digital economy against modern climate, technology, and cyber risks.
Who and what to expect
This year again, SFF will feature a line-up of speakers comprising top fintech entrepreneurs, innovators and decision-makers. These speakers will include:
- Tharman Shanmugaratnam, President of the Republic of Singapore;
- Ajay Banga, President, World Bank;
- Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF);
- Balaji Srinivasan, Investor, Entrepreneur & Technologist;
- Piyush Gupta, CEO, DBS Bank;
- Bill Winters, Group Chief Executive, Standard Chartered;
- Charles Cascarilla, Co-founder and CEO, Paxos;
- Chris Young, Executive Vice President, Business Development, Strategy, & Ventures, Microsoft;
- Eric Jing, Chairman and CEO, Ant Group; and
- Forest Lin, Corporate Vice President, Head of Tencent Financial Technology, Tencent.
Attendees of SFF 2023 have an array of insightful sessions to look forward to. These sessions will provide them with invaluable insights into the future of finance.
On Wednesday, November 15 from 2:40 PM to 3:20 PM, a session titled “Tech infrastructure for ESG: Global leaders assessment” will address one of the pressing questions of our time: can technology help in achieving the Paris Agreement’s goal to limit global warming?
Leading tech personalities comprising Forest Lin from Tencent, Jaleh Daie from Aurora Equity, Tetsuro Imaeda from SMBC and SMFG, Eric Lim from United Overseas Bank Limited, will discuss the role of technology infrastructure in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices, the latest trends, and the intersection of ESG, regulation, and inclusion.
Following that, at 3:30 PM to 4:20 PM, the session “Financial Services For The Next Billion” will provide insights into the future of payment infrastructure. Leaders from Amazon, IDB Lab, Mastercard, Wise, and Ant International, under the moderation of Lindsey Argalas from TaxBit, will dive into innovative solutions that can empower the next billion and unlock new opportunities for economic growth.
The conversation on the evolution of the financial system will continue at 4:30 PM to 5:10 PM with the “Financial Infrastructure For The Next Decade” session.
During this session, experts will discuss the growing significance of tokenization and digital assets in modern finance, examining their potential to improve accessibility, efficiency, and inclusivity.
The panel will include Charles Cascarilla from Paxos, Sigal Mandelker from Ribbit Capital, Fernando Luis Vázquez Cao from SBI Digital Asset Holdings, Stuart Alderoty from Ripple, and Pradyumna Agrawal from Temasek, with Emily Parker from CoinDesk as the moderator.
Singapore Fintech Festival 2023 – Day 2
Day 2 of the SFF 2023, Thursday, November 16, will start with a bang with a session titled “10 Artificial intelligence global insights: Productivity polarity in the age of AI” at 9:30 AM to 9:55 AM. This session promises to reveal AI’s potential to reshape economies, industries, and societies through productivity acceleration and the software revolution it is ushering in. It will be led by Thomas Dohmke, CEO of GitHub.
At 10:15 AM to 10:45 AM, SFF 2023 will offer attendees a unique opportunity to “Discover the world of Ant”. In a fireside chat, Eric Jing, Chairman of Ant Group, will dive into the world of payments and technology and will give attendees a close-up view of the strategies and insights behind this tech giant. The chat will be moderated by Sopnendu Mohanty from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
Finally, another session not to be missed happens on Friday, November 17, from 10:20 AM to 11:00 AM is the “Global VC Dialogue: Resetting Investment Theses” session. During this session, leaders from the entrepreneurship and venture capital (VC) world will share their personal stories, experiences, and insights on the shifts in investment theses, and explore the challenges and opportunities in redefining investment strategies. The panel will include Julian Teicke from wefox, Kunal Shah from Cred, and Shailendra Singh from Peak XV Partners, with Manisha Tank, a renowned journalist and broadcaster, moderating.
2023 SFF highlights
SFF 2023 will be divided into five thematic zones, with each zone offering deep-dive dialogues, educational workshops, and solution showcases:
- The Technology Zone will give participants a glimpse into current and future technologies shaping financial services, such as digital assets, and demonstrate the latest advancements in AI applications;
- The ESG Zone will spotlight the ESG financial services ecosystem, including financial institutions, real economy solutions, Internet-of-Things manufacturers and sustainable micro startups;
- The Regulation Zone will provide a space for international financial policymakers and regulators to exchange insights on their regulatory and development strategies, and will feature regtech and suptech solutions in the areas of regulatory compliance, cybersecurity and anti-money laundering;
- The Founders Zone will offer a dedicated platform for financial services founders, entrepreneurs and investors worldwide to connect; and
- The Talent Zone will expand on the signature Talent Pavilion to advance learning, upskilling and the future of work by highlighting the talent development initiatives of the public and private sectors.
Attendees can also look forward to the Capital Meets Policy Dialogue, Asia-Pacific Chapter, taking place prior to the main conference on November 13. This session will bring together policymakers, regulators and investors to discuss policy and regulatory priorities as well as key areas of AI investment.
The Elevandi Insights Forum, scheduled on November 13 and 14, will host deep-dive roundtables with public and private sector organizations to address challenges faced in scaling up digital finance.
Participants can also look forward to the day-long Innovation Lab Crawl on November 13 and 14, and the SFF Global Fintech Awards gala event on November 16.
Organized each year by MAS and Elevandi, SFF is one of the most prominent fintech events in the world. Designed to foster impactful connections and collaborations, SFF aims to act as a platform to explore the intersections of cutting-edge financial solutions, evolving regulatory landscapes, and the latest technological innovations through insightful sessions, roundtables, workshops, exhibitions and more.
In 2022, SFF welcomed 62,000 participants from 134 nations.