Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services. In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs.
The selected candidate will join the Singapore Payables & Receivables Product Management team. The team manages the complete suite of Payables & Receivables products and solutions covering both cross-border and domestic, for corporates, businesses and financial institutions.
- Manage the payables & receivables business including P&L management, product planning, market /competitive analysis, product development and implementation
- Identify and implement opportunities to drive innovative and scalable solutions for clients in a constantly changing payables and receivables landscape
- Monitor new technological advancements such as blockchain, IoT, 5G and evaluate the applicability to solve real customer problems in the transactional space
- Evaluate and execute strategic partnerships to enhance product propositions, ramp-up customer acquisition and transactional volumes
- Represent DBS at key Industry workgroups to define and rollout new market initiatives; to ensure DBS propositions are developed and commercialised timely around these initiatives to meet client needs
- Drive digital adoption of payables and receivables products to migrate customers from manual to digital channels
- Support and drive new capabilities / initiatives for payments and receivables products covering the Singapore market
- Effective product development encompassing the complete cycle from conceptualization through to commercialization, bringing to market new products, solutions to meet customer needs
- Work with cross-functional colleagues from Sales, RM, Technology and Operations to drive the product implementation and ensure the highest level of product readiness
- Develop marketing collaterals, training materials and presentations and commercialization strategy for the new product
- Provide subject-matter expertise to Product Sales and client management teams, Relationship Managers and other stakeholders on the product features
- Min. 6 years of experience
- Understanding of relationship and interdependencies across product groups and units
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to drive execution with multiple stakeholders & functions
- Good customer and relationship management skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Good interpersonal, communication, presentation skills as well as leadership qualities to successfully manage projects and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- 6+ years’ experience in transactional banking or merchant solutions covering payments and/or receivables products, preferably product management or product rollout of merchant solutions
- Strong knowledge of cross border and domestic payment schemes with good grasp of fintech’s and disruptions in the payment space
- Well versed in APIs, checkout and payment integrations methods
- Process review, analysis, redesign, improvements experience is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of strong execution and experience partnering with technical teams to deliver
DBS, a leading financial services group headquartered in Singapore, operates across 18 markets and an Asia-centric commercial bank focused on harnessing the region’s long-term potential as the centre of economic gravity shifts eastwards to Asia.
A frontrunner in digital transformation, we seek to deliver a new kind of banking that is so simple, seamless and invisible, that customers have more time to spend on the people or things they care about.
DBS is also a strong advocate of building a sustainable future. Working with partners, we empower people to live larger than themselves. The bank creates avenues that encourage our customers to live socially-conscious; establish platforms to help social entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life; and provide the next generation with opportunities to develop innovative solutions that address sustainability issues.
DBS Bank is distinct from local lenders or global players. As an Asian specialist and a leader in digital transformation, we have the reach and sophistication to outcompete local lenders, and deep Asian insights that distinguish us from global competitors. The company seeks to intermediate trade and investment flows between Asia’s three key axes of growth – Southeast Asia, Greater China and South Asia – as well as participate in Asia’s growing affluence. DBS Bank's key franchises are in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India and Indonesia.
In Singapore, DBS Bank is a universal bank serving all customer segments, including the mass market through the DBS and POSB, also known as the “People’s Bank”.