Cracking the Code of White-Collar Crime with Sumsubby Rebecca Oi February 6, 2024
The battle against financial crime is an ever-evolving challenge requiring expert knowledge, cutting-edge technology, and continuous learning.
As white-collar criminals tirelessly innovate their methods to commit financial crimes, the question arises: How can one step ahead in this high-stakes game?
The answer might be more intricate than anticipated, but companies like Sumsub are pioneering the movement to outwit these nefarious activities.
Fintech’s guardian against financial crime
The pressing issue in the war against financial crime is the balance between the cost of compliance and the effectiveness of these measures.
It’s startling to consider that banks might spend as much as US$20 billion annually on compliance regimes, yet only a fraction of criminal assets are successfully seized.
This disparity is not just a financial concern but a significant red flag indicating a gap in the knowledge and expertise needed to combat such crimes effectively.
Traditional rule-based approaches are rapidly becoming outdated as they fail to adapt to the evolving tactics of financial criminals.
Platforms like Sumsub are crucial in bridging this knowledge gap. Sumsub equips industry professionals with the necessary tools to stay ahead by providing access to the latest best practices in transaction monitoring.
The Advanced Transaction Monitoring Masterclass
Addressing this critical need for informed vigilance, Sumsub introduces the Advanced Transaction Monitoring Masterclass, commencing on 20 February.
This Masterclass isn’t just a course; it’s an in-depth journey into financial security.
Inside the Masterclass
The curriculum of the Masterclass is meticulously designed to equip participants with theoretical knowledge and practical skills. It covers a broad range of topics, each crucial for understanding and combating financial crimes effectively:
– Transaction monitoring fundamentals
– Deep dive into red flags, alerts, documentation, and risk calibration
– Collaboration between financial institutions and regulators
– How to apply correct Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
– Triggers, alerts, investigations, and filing suspicious activity reports (SARs)
– AI and ML: The future of transaction monitoring
Sumsub’s Masterclass goes beyond traditional education by offering these in-depth modules free of charge. This inclusivity reflects Sumsub’s commitment to empowering as many professionals as possible in the fight against financial crime.
The course offers:
– Flexible Learning: The self-paced nature of the course allows participants to engage with the content on their terms, with an average completion time of three hours.
– Comprehensive Coverage: Spanning seven modules, the course covers everything from basic principles to advanced AI-powered investigative techniques.
– Exclusive Industry Insights: Participants will gain access to insider information and resources crucial for staying ahead in the rapidly evolving fintech landscape.
– Recognition of Achievement: A certificate of completion will be provided to showcase the participants’ newly acquired expertise.
The growing importance of fintech expertise
Understanding the changes in the evolving fintech sector, which is expected to grow from 2 percent to 25 percent of banking valuations by 2030 is critical.
The Masterclass isn’t just about learning; it’s also an opportunity to connect with industry leaders. Participants will gain unparalleled access to a network of veteran fintech CEOs, legal experts, and technical specialists.
This networking aspect is invaluable, providing insights into real-world applications of the course material and fostering connections that could shape future career trajectories.
It also includes an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session for personalised queries, offering a direct line to industry experts for any burning questions.
Spaces are filling up swiftly, so ensure your participation by registering today.